Velosolex Club U.K.

The only club for owners & enthusiasts, dedicated entirely to the Solex   

Forums

Forum Home > HELPFUL INFORMATION for getting a Solex U.K. REGISTERED > Sticky: H.M.R.C. NOVA 1 information

Paul G
Site Owner

As from 15th April 2013, you cannot get a vehicle registered unless you have contacted H.M.R.C. and gone through the NOVA 1 (Notification Of Vehicle Arrival) system. Even though the Solex is old and they will eventually agree there is no V.A.T. payable, you still have to do it. (The only exception will be a very early Solex with a 45c.c. engine. If it is over 48c.c's - and most are - you must get the NOVA1 before you can get the DVLA to issue a registration.) The website pictures below should help you in getting your NOVA 1.

--

Paul G

"Getting there ....... slowly"   

August 21, 2013 at 6:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

Does that mean unregistered and or over 60,000 k, or unregistered   OR over 60,000?

I have two Hungarian jobbies that cant be registered in Holland (I am told), but have never been used. There again, they have no speedo's. I am about to declare them  on NOVA, but I would like not to pay VAT.

August 23, 2013 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob
Limited Member

Hi ,

Has anyone actually completed this?,it seems I need to and have not been able to get passed the second page !

I have 3 Velosolex , and am registering them one by one as they are restored.

I purchased them all from the same seller of e-bay about a year ago the first is nearing mot time , there was no paper work and they have been in the country for some time.

This how far I have got and what s been encountered;

ERROR: This page contains one or more errors. See details below.

You must enter either a purchase invoice date or a date of first registration and the date vehicle was made available to you before you can submit this notification online. If you are not able to provide these dates, please click the 'Back' button to return to the previous page. The vehicle details will not be added to your notification and you will need to contact the Personal Tax Unit.

Please enter the information below, then click the 'Next' button to continue.

* indicates required information

Do you know the date the vehicle was first registered for road use?* No  

Date the vehicle was made available to you:

01/09/2012

Do you have a purchase invoice for this vehicle?* No  

If you do not have a purchase invoice, please give a reason (a maximum of 160 characters is allowed): 

Brought from E-Bay.

No paper work.

Been in U.K. some time.

Kept in shed never registered.

Price paid for vehicle (including all options): Help about: Price paid for vehicle (including all options) - 150

Currency used:BP - United Kingdom Pound 

Vehicle type: Help about: Vehicle type - opens in a new window * 

Motorcycle, scooter or moped.

Anyone able to give some advice ?

Thanks,

Rob.

September 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BrianSolex

Moped.

--

The bicycle with the motor...SOLEX.

September 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DJ601
Limited Member

Did my NOVA1 submission online a couple of weeks ago, got an immediate on-screen indication that no VAT was due, but have received nothing else. Should there be an email confirmation - something that can be printed out and presented when applying for the registration?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave

September 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

kas-49cc ( THE SNAIL RIDES ON)

Hi Dave have a look at my post NOVA / DVLA wait 48 hours then phone this number 01304 664171 I got fed up with the DVLA each time the put up a different block in the end they got in touch with NOVA1 HMRC and it was sorted the whole trouble is the system is not for one offs its based for the trade. Good luck keep us posted Keith

PS no NOVA!1 number NO V5c

September 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

NOVA 1...no confirmation will be sent, they notify Swansea directly. I'm at that stage. Unfortunately the sheep sh****rs dont seem able to handle sending the forms out, 3 weeks so far.

No offence intended, unless you work at form sending in Swansea.

September 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul G
Site Owner

With Deepest Sympathy :(

Paul G.

(Who had to wait 2 months from start to finish to get a registration issued by Birmingham D.V.L.A!)

--

Paul G

September 25, 2013 at 3:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

Such a pity it cant be done via the soon to expire local offices....mind you, they did overcharge me for my road tax this year. It only took 7 months to get the £15 back.

September 25, 2013 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul G
Site Owner

Can't say I agree. It was the local Birmingham Office that caused all the problems for me. I am more than happy they are closing down and won't be able to waste my time in the future.

--

Paul G

September 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

Well, that little grump worked, I got two sets of paperwork today. Anyone got leads to cheap insurance? I have been quoted £200 each for the solexes....my LE is only £99 and is three times quicker.

September 25, 2013 at 12:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kas-49cc ( THE SNAIL RIDES ON)

Try Peter James I have 2 Solex's and  3 other bikes total £117.00 each time  I add a bike its £19.00 They understand Classic's and you get to speak with real people. Check out their website but best to call all Doc's sent by email if you wish.

September 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Paul G
Site Owner

Peter James for me too. New customer, no no-claims and only £89.00 fully comp!

--

Paul G

September 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

I will give them a call on the morrow!

September 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

Well, insured one and took it for mot today.

They were so busy  taking the p*ss they didn't notice the lights were rubbish....

October 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob
Limited Member

Yeah mines all sorted now - the nova seems confusing but as long as you add information in all the sections needed - even if its not true eg: my made up import number ! it will work.

I was waiting for a call to question it as i just put 123456 - so obviously made up !

Got a confirmation e-mail within about 10 minutes of submitting and that was it :)

October 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Down
Limited Member

Is it correct that the local DVLA offices can no longer process a new registration although they are still open ?.

October 6, 2013 at 5:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

yes, all has to go thru swansea. They may require an inspection..that gets done locally at the moment

October 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

davidat19
Limited Member

All the paperwork in place...dating sticky foot courtesy of the NACC (one is '97, the other'99- amazing considering the factory didn't start to build till 2000) insurance note, forms filled in (V55/5 for new vehicle) and all ready to post in the morning. What a load of tosh it all is....power to weight ratio....not a lot as the man said.

See what happens now. Typically, i had to fight for a cover note to the end of december as they won't keep them on cover for more than thirty days. Grrrr!

October 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BrianSolex

davidat19 at October 9, 2013 at 3:44 PM

All the paperwork in place...dating sticky foot courtesy of the NACC (one is '97, the other'99- amazing considering the factory didn't start to build till 2000) insurance note, forms filled in (V55/5 for new vehicle) and all ready to post in the morning. What a load of tosh it all is....power to weight ratio....not a lot as the man said.

See what happens now. Typically, i had to fight for a cover note to the end of december as they won't keep them on cover for more than thirty days. Grrrr!

Production in Hungary began in 1993:

http://briansolex.free.fr/history.html

--

The bicycle with the motor...SOLEX.

October 9, 2013 at 7:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.